Last Revised: August 15, 2019
DiveIn, Inc.3749 Buchanan Street
P.O. Box 475877
San Francisco, California 94123
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a user of our Services under 13 submits Personal Data to us and we learn that the user is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from an individual under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We will collect Personal Data from you, which may include your first and last name, e-mail address and password when you create an account to log in to use our Services (“Account”). You may also voluntarily provide us with a photograph and/or other contact information when creating an Account, as well as information about your interests, opinions, likes, and dislikes. Some of the information you provide to us when creating an Account may be visible to other users of the Services.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our mobile application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you agree to share your location with us (e.g., via the location settings on your mobile device), we may (with your permission) display your location with your image, and we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. Please note that if you turn off location sharing, you may not have access to certain features and functions of the Services.
- Certain Services may require that we collect your phone number. We may associate that phone number with your mobile device identification information.
- When you order Services from us, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, which, depending on the Services ordered, may include your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you transmit via your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us electronically, we will collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in the communication, in order to send you a reply.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion we operate, we may ask you for your contact information (e.g., to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for your first and last name, and sometimes your address to verify your identity. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as your age or prize selection choice. These promotions are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each promotion that you enter.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session) or other device identifier, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most online services, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes, for visitors to our desktop or mobile websites, IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Services again, our system will recognize you and then serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to evaluate users’ navigation on the web. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in websites. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to help us send messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Flash Cookies. When we post videos, third parties may use “local shared objects,” known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model, software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your mobile device, we collect your location information to help you find interesting events happening near you. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can configure the location services on your phone so that we do not have access to your location information. However, you may not be able to access certain features or functions of the Services if you disable location services.
Information Collected from Third Parties. We may receive Personal Data and/or Anonymous Data about you from third party individuals or companies that promote or link to our Services or whom otherwise contract with us as a customer and/or partner and/or service provider. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site or Services in order to improve the Site and/or Services.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, we use Personal Data either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- To provide improved administration of our Services;
- To improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
- To send you e-mails to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created or relevant updates regarding the use of our Services;
- To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, the services of our customers or partners, and for other marketing purposes.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content and navigation of our Services. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers: to provide you with the Services or any third party services that we offer through the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services on our behalf. These third-party service providers agree not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
(d) Disclosure to Third Parties. We may enter into agreements with third parties with which we provide our Services (e.g., by way of co-branded or private-labeled services) and/or we may otherwise make available products and/or services from third parties that offer their own products and/or services through our Services (“Third-Party Companies”). A Third-Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third-Party Company. The privacy policies of these Third-Party Companies apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third-Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies before using their services.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to handle cookies as in any manner permitted by your browser. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their Account by editing your Profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
(d) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the application(s) by uninstalling them. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also may require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose any such Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.